Rustic wedding in front of caves of Ispica
Wedding+honeymoon between baroque cities and ancient caves.
This package includes 1 week of stay in high season for 14 pax in a private villa on a rocky spur amongst ancient caves of Ispica in the southern part of Sicily.
The house is located in a unique position, on the edge of the canyon, over the famous rupestral construction of the so-called “Castello” (The Castle) of Cava d’Ispica. The villa is located near Modica, a city that is a part of the UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE LIST. In this piece of land overlooking Africa, gastronomy, art and folklore join together to charm its visitors. The strategic position of the villa allows you to easily reach both the principal baroque cities of Val di Noto as Modica, Ragusa, Scicli, Noto and the golden beaches of Pozzallo, Marina di Ragusa, Sampieri, San Lorenzo.
The villa was built in 1954 and was meant to provide decent living conditions to the countryside peasants which used to live inside the rocky caverns of the so-called “Castello” even in the early post-second world war period.
The background of this scenery is the famous cave, a majestic and picturesque valley characterized by the typical Mediterranean vegetation (“macchia”); the cave is an archaeological area sprinkled with various testimonies that sustain the continuity and the evolution of the human being during the centuries: prehistoric necropolises, Christian catacombs, rupestral oratories and various dwellings.
Between the last ones, there is the aforementioned “Castello”, a residential complex, several storeys high, connected between them by interior steps cut in the walls, with cavities permitting the climbing.
This “Castle” is represented in a picture of the 18th century by the famous French painter, sculptor and architect J. Houel, picture included in his well-known collection “Voyage pittoresque des isles de Sicile et de Lipari”, that can be admired at the Hermitage Museum in San Pietrosburg and at Louvre Museum in Paris.
This incredible scenery, immersed in a silent and magic atmosphere far away from the overwhelmed daily city life, is worth being entirely discovered by you.
Here, you can abandon yourselves during a peaceful walk along a contemplative path of the place and you can discover again what does slow-living really mean. It is an ideal place for your intimate wedding, immersed in nature, in rustic, rustic-chic or boho style.
The villa has 7 bedrooms and can accommodate up to 16 people.
Each of the room is with private entrance and bathroom. The rooms are not connected between them. Five rooms are on the first floor, two rooms are on the lower ground floor. The lounge area and the dining room, connected to the fully equipped kitchen, are on the lower ground floor.
Mediterranean garden with olive trees, swimming pool, hot tube overlooking the Caves.
The villa can be rented for a minimum of 7 nights in the high season from Saturday to Saturday, and for 4-5 nights in the low-medium season.
1,5 hours of drive from the airport of Catania and 1 hour from the airport of Comiso, 20 min from the seaside with sandy beaches.
The package of €12200* (approx) includes:
1. 7 nights of stay in the highest season July-August 2021-2022, Sat/Sat for 14-16 person.
2. Sit-down 3 course or cocktail style wedding reception for 14 pax, menu based on meat. Standart wedding cake.
3. Muah for the bride (hairdresser and makeup)
4. Wedding photography, videography with a drone (whole day wedding package)
5. Set-up of the ceremony place with a wedding arch and fresh seasonal flowers, candles, buskets, white carpet etc. Bride’s bouquet and groom’s buttonhole. Centrepieces in rustic style for wedding table.
6. English speaking celebrant for a symbolic ceremony. Personalised wedding certificate.
7. English speaking DJ for pre and after wedding party.
8. Sound equipment for the ceremony
9. Wedding planning and on day coordination fee.
– official ceremony in beautiful baroque town halls of Ragusa or Modica. Legalization of documents costs depend on the citizenship and residence of the bride and groom.
– Catholic, mixed ceremony (when someone in a couple is Christian, but not Catholic) or other religious ceremonies with English speaking priest.
– Complex decor, live music (violin, sax, cello, music bands etc), fireworks, light design, “starry sky”, vehicles and vintage cars. Everything that is not included in the basic package.
– extra costs for wedding menu for extra guests (from €90 per pax). Fish menu.
– Muah and flowers for bridesmaids
– flower crowns and corsages
– open bar
– food and wine tours with a prof. chef, cooking classes and degustations, excursions with professional guide and archeologist
* Mentioned above prices can differ slightly due to availability of selected vendors for your certain wedding day
The package price will be lower for:
– kids menu,
– less quantity of guests,
– other periods of the year (up to €1200 of difference in price only for accommodation)